Family lawyers are competent in a range of legal issues related to family law, from divorce to child custody. They help their clients in Indiana to navigate the legal process, help settle cases, and represent the interests of the client in court if they fail to agree peacefully. They will help you resolve family conflict, especially if you have children, and will accompany you at all stages of the divorce process. Besides, a divorce lawyer treats your case objectively, while you may be too emotional in certain situations.
Prices for lawyer’s services in Indiana on family cases depend on the difficulty of the situation. The most distributed forms of payments are:
Hourly payment. You pay for every hour your lawyer works.
Fixed rate. Usually, this type of compensation is offered to lawyers in simple cases, for example, if there is a peace agreement about the divorce.
Other payments might be offered:
- Advance payment. This is a preliminary payment for the services of a lawyer, as a guarantee of your further cooperation.
- Paid consultation. You pay for the first meeting, regardless of whether you will continue to cooperate with a lawyer. Many lawyers offer a free consultation. Find out if there is such an option before making an appointment.
- Insurance in case of unforeseen circumstances. It is usually applied only in rare cases established by the norms of family law.
Questions to Ask Your Lawyer
Before hiring a lawyer, consider asking the following questions to ensure he/she has the needed qualification:
- How long have you been practicing?
- How often do you face cases like this?
- Will you personally deal with my work or one of your colleagues?
- What types of payment do you offer?
- What specialized knowledge can you apply in my case?
As long as the potential lawyer answers the above questions, you should evaluate the answers and behavior to decide whether you can trust him/her with your case.
Your legal fees will depend on the following factors:
- The reputation of your lawyer, his/her experience and abilities.
- The amount of time spent on your case.
- The complexity of your situation.
- The expenses required in your case, including your attorney’s overhead costs.
- The outcome of your case.
Remember that a good lawyer falls under the following criteria:
- Has to experience in cases like yours.
- Listens and answers your questions, attentive to your requirements.
- Makes you feel confident and comfortable expressing your opinion.
- Has a practical and logical plan of dealing with your case.
Only talking to several divorce lawyers, you will find the best family care specialist in Indiana.
What should you expect when the lawyer manages your divorce?
The presence of a divorce lawyer in court ensures:
1. The maximum acceleration of the divorce proceedings, which is achieved due to the correct legal position, high-quality procedural documents and the prompt participation of a lawyer in all legal proceedings.
2. If the client wishes, minimizing his/her direct involvement in the litigation of divorce, which significantly saves the client’s time and protects him/her from unnecessary stress. In most cases, the client’s participation is limited to the signing of a contract for the provision of lawyer assistance, sometimes by only involvement in a court hearing, and after some time by obtaining a court decision on divorce. While conducting the case in court, the client receives all the information on the course of the case and the relevant court documents.
3. Absolute confidentiality of all information about the client, which became known to the lawyer during the divorce procedure.
Best Divorce Lawyers in Indiana
- Richard Mann
The lawyer focuses on ensuring excellent representation to clients throughout the state. Mr. Mann is a qualified professional in family law, handling divorce cases that include issues concerning child custody, adoption, guardianship, etc.
2. Lanae M. Harden
The lawyer is devoted to family law and represents clients throughout the state in divorce cases that include issues concerning visitation rights, child custody, parental rights, and premarital agreements. The lawyer has served a diverse range of clients, from homemakers to famous people. The lawyer also calls on authoritative witnesses, when appropriate, to testify at hearings.
3.Deborah Farmer Smith
The lawyer has more than three decades of legal experience and focuses on family law, offering assistance with a wide range of legal issues, which include:
- Legal separation (divorce)
- Division of property
- Post-divorce complications
- Child custody
- Spousal support
- Paternity proceedings
The help of a professional lawyer who specializes in family law and has considerable experience in conducting a divorce procedure through the court can significantly speed up this process, which will save you time and prevent unnecessary stressful situations.